This month is one close to my heart, and to my remaining ovary.
Yes it’s Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month!
The four most common symptoms of Ovarian Cancer are:
- Abdominal or pelvic pain;
- Increased abdominal size or persistent abdominal bloating;
- Needing to urinate often or urgently; and
- Difficulty eating or feeling full quickly.
A few more symptoms that you may not be aware of include:
- Changes in your bowel habits;
- Unexplained weight gain or weight loss;
- Bleeding in-between periods or after menopause;
- Back pain;
- Indigestion or nausea;
- Excessive fatigue; and
- Pain during intercourse
If you or a loved one is experiencing any of these, I implore you to go get it checked out. And if the first GP fobs you off, go to another. You know your body better than anyone else.
For more information please go to: